The School of Music in the Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts at Arizona State University invites applications for multiple part-time Faculty Associate positions for the academic year 2019-2020.
The successful candidate(s) will teach in-person or online courses, prepare course materials, evaluate student work, and assist students. Faculty Associate positions are one semester, non-benefits-eligible, fixed-term appointments with no tenure implications, not to exceed .40 FTE. The number of courses is contingent upon needs, funding and sufficient enrollment. Salary is based upon qualifications and assigned teaching load. Individuals employed as Faculty Associates may not hold multiple, non-benefits eligible appointments at Arizona State University.
At the current time, we anticipate hiring new Faculty Associates to teach the following in-person courses:
- MHL x94 or x98 elective
- MTC 221 Music Theory: 18th Century
- MTC 222 Music Theory: 19th Century
- MTC x94 or x98 elective
- MUP 111 Studio Instruction: Piano, Voice
- MUP 121 Studio Instruction: Piano, Voice
- MUP 210 Beginning Instrumental Conducting
- MUP 311 Studio Instruction: Piano, Voice
- MUP 321 Studio Instruction: Piano, Voice
- MUP 442/542 Philharmonia
- MUS 145 Non-majors class piano: Beginning
- MUS 245 Non-majors class piano: Intermediate